Pages

Friday, May 2, 2014

The Maze Runner

Ever since I was in 1st grade I have struggled with reading. Most books to me are very boring, and I can never seem to find the right one although I've only read 20 books so far, so my experience is limited. I don't know what it is about books; I just never want to read. Very recently I had a sleepover with one of my friends who is completely infatuated with books. She is constantly questioning why I don't read, and I have the same answer each time, "I don't know".

But, recently, during my Spring break, I downloaded a book on my Kindle and started reading. The book was The Maze Runner. At first I questioned why I was "wasting" my time reading; I soon realized it was because of boredom. I started reading this book just in the mornings, but I soon couldn't set the book down. I realized how amazing reading was. The Maze Runner is about a young boy, Thomas, who is put into a group of boys without his memory. He and the other boys have no memory other than their names. This book is different from any other book I've read. It's fascinating when you are reading because the main character does not remember anything including smells, feelings, people, places, etc. So, throughout the novel you're on a fascinating journey with Thomas as he experiences new things.

You are probably wondering why I'm talking about a book since this blog is about entertainment. I thought it would be fun this week to write about a form of entertainment that involves some "real" thinking. I also wrote about it because there is a movie coming out in September that is based on the novel. I've watched the trailer, and the movie looks accurate to the book and very entertaining. The movie also has one of my favorite actors, Dylan O'Brien!!!!!!!!  It comes out September 19th, and I'm counting down the days.
Image courtesy of Inside Media Track

I hope you enjoyed this even though it was a bit different. Talk to you next week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment