Pages

Friday, May 16, 2014

May and April Favorites

For this post I thought it would be fun to talk about a few of my favorite pieces of entertainment for the month so far. I will talk about television shows and movies. I hope you enjoy!!

1. Once Upon A Time
This is a television show on ABC about fairy tale characters. The characters have a curse put on them that erased their memories; they live in a town called Storybook. This is a very interesting show because these classic characters are very different from the original characters. Especially their personalities and back stories. I love watching the show because each episode has scenes of Story brook and scenes of the fairytale world.
Image courtesy of Spoiler TV


2. Marvel
I also loved watching Marvel movies this month. Marvel is a company that made comic books in the early twentieth century. Towards the end of the twentieth century Marvel started to make the comic books into movies. My friends have been talking about these movies since the 5th grade. I never thought the movies were worth my time. But, after watching Iron Man with my family, I realized how amazing these movies are!! I loved how each plot line is interesting and unique. They are awesome movies!!
Image courtesy of Screen Rant


3. The Blade Runner
The Blade Runner takes place in the future when humans are starting to live off the planet. People have engineered robots to explore different planets in the galaxy.  The robots developed human like emotions, and they started to rebel against the human race. Blade Runners, special policemen, hunt and destroy the robots. This movie is different from any other movie I've seen. There was an immense amount of symbolism in each scene. Every movement and object implied ideas about the concept of the movie. Some people consider it the best science fiction movie ever made.
Image courtesy of Wikepedia
These are a few of my favorite pieces of entertainment for the months of April and May. I hope you enjoyed this post! Talk to you later! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment