Pages

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

The Amazing Spiderman 2

WARNING: Information about the movie is revealed. So, please read with caution!

Very recently I wrote about the first Amazing Spiderman. I saw the first film only a few months before the second one. I saw the second one, The Amazing Spiderman 2, on Saturday, the day after it premiered; it was 10 times better than the first. So, I am giving it a rating of 1.5 out of ten.

This movie was more intelligently thought out than the first film. It had the right amont of screen time for each villain, and the plot line was very creative and intriguing. I've been reading comments on Youtube, and some people say that the movie was to complex and confusing. It was a little confusing in parts, but I disagree; overall it was well thought out. There was a great balance of humor, action, and romance. I loved the relationship between Gwen and Peter because it was realistic. Some relationships in movies move too quickly. But, in The Amazing Spiderman 2, Gwen and Peter take most of the film to figure their relationship out.

I also enjoyed how the movie followed the plot of the comic books. The writers followed the comic books very accurately. The ending of the movie, Gwen's death, is one of the biggest moments in comic book history. Before Gwen's death no major character had ever died in a comic book. So, I'm very happy that they included this event in the film. It was horrible and very emotional, but it was very necessary to include in the movie. Peter develops a knew love with a character named Mary Jane after Gwen's death. This is who most people refer to as Spiderman's girlfriend. But, Gwen will be missed dearly!! ;(
Image courtesy of Wikipedia 
Overall this movie was amazing!!! I hope you have a chance to see it in theaters soon. Talk to you next week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment