Pages

Friday, March 14, 2014

White House Down

While my parents were away this week the people my sister and I stayed with chose the movie we watched. The movie we watched was White House Down. The film is about a man, John, who is trying to join the secret service. He is not accepted so he tries to leave the White House, but his daughter wants to take a tour. During the tour the white house is attacked by terrorists and John, alone, has to protect the President.

I enjoyed the character development in the movie. Each character was unique. One thing about the film that was different was how each character had a back story. Even the terrorists had interesting back stories. This had an odd effect on me, it made me feel like I knew each character. I know that sounds cheesy but that's how I felt. :)

This movie was very unpredictable, almost every event was unexpected, this made it much more enjoyable. Films that are predictable are boring to watch because you can tell what is going happen. But, if a movie is unpredictable then you want to sit through all of it. Since the movie started with a man trying to get into the secret service, I thought the film would be about his struggles while trying to get into the secret service. But, instead it was about a terrorist attack. With this plot line there was a lot of flexibility. The terrorists had the power to do almost anything when they were attacking.

Although some things that happened, in the movie, were not believable. The terrorists got into the security of the white house too easily. It probably would take a day or maybe two in real life. But, in the movie it only took about six or seven hours. I still really enjoyed the movie. So, I'm giving it a rating of 1.5 out of 10.

I hope you enjoyed this review. Leave a comment of any movies you would like me to do a review on. Talk to you next week! :)
Image courtesy of IMP Awards

No comments:

Post a Comment