Pages

Monday, March 31, 2014

Divergent

Divergent came out on March 21st, and I saw it two days later. It was much better than I had expected. It had a very creative plot line and great characters!! I am giving this movie a rating of 1 out of 10 because there was nothing I didn't like.

I really enjoyed the plot line of the film; I thought it was extremely creative. The movie is about a futuristic society with 5 different "sections". These "sections" are basically jobs that people choose to do for the rest of their lives. Each person has to choose one of these to work and live in. A mandatory test tells you which "section" to choose. These tests keep order in society. The test is a liquid sot into your body that produces hallucinations. Almost everyone in the society can not tell that hallucinations are fake. There are certain people in the society called Divergents. These people can tell the hallucinations are fake, so it may be hard for them to choose a "section" in society. Divergents are killed because they affect the "order" in the society. The main character of the movie, Tris, is divergent. Throughout the movie she keeps this a secret and pretends she is not Divergent. This movie was very unpredictable and fascinating. My eyes were glued to the screen the whole way through.

The character development was another aspect of the movie that I enjoyed. Each character was relatable, in one way or another, and very unique. I enjoyed watching the struggles Tris had; it made her more realistic. Although she has a special ability, she still has troubles fitting in. Which is a quality that every person can relate to. Tris's male "friend", Four, is also a very relatable character because he has to run away from his past. This is also a quality that people can relate to.

 This movie was somewhat challenging to review because of all the different opinions so hopefully you still enjoyed it. I really enjoyed this movie, so I highly recommend that you watch it. Talk to you soon :)
Image courtesy of Forbes

No comments:

Post a Comment