Pages

Friday, February 28, 2014

The Lego Movie

Image Courtesy of IMDb
During the recent break my good friend Liza invited me to see The Lego Movie. I was thrilled that she wanted to "hang out", but I was not thrilled that she wanted to see The Lego Movie. This movie seemed like it would be terrible (I have to be honest). I did not want to watch a movie about legos. The trailer wasn't horrible but it was the fact that it was an entire movie about legos that bothered me. But, since I hadn't left my room much the whole break, I thought it would be nice to feel the sunshine on my face. So, I said yes and surprisingly this movie was really good. I am giving it a rating of 3 out of 10 because it did not "wow me", but I still really enjoyed it.

There was something humorous in every scene of this movie. The movie is about an evil villain who is trying to separate all the lego realms permanently and an average construction worker who is trying to stop him. I loved how they designed the life of a lego.  It would be very challenging to think about how a lego would live. But, they accurately captured what a legos life would be. Legos simply take the "instructions" that people give them, and they stay in a certain position until people change the design.

I like the creativity of the movie. It's fascinating how the entire movie is stop motion. The different realms are lego sets that you can buy in stores; cities, western, and medieval times. The plot line was also very creative. I enjoyed it because it was so unpredictable. It was enjoyable how the hero, Emmett, was not born a hero but instead an ordinary person. This teaches kids that anyone can be a hero.

If you are looking for a great laugh this weekend check out The Lego Movie; it's still in theaters. Talk to you next week. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment