Pages

Friday, February 14, 2014

My Sundance Experience

Sundance is the largest independent film festival in the world. It happens annually in Park City, Utah. For the first time I went to this film festival, and for the most part it was a great experience.

I only saw two movies and both were amazing! These movies are different from anything you would see in a movie theatre, they have no action, no romance, and no cheesy humor. But, these movies do have a great plot that is very interesting. It wasn't just the movies that were great but the overall experience.

For the first movie my dad and I walked into town and talked about lots of different things. It was fun talking about what we thought the movie would be like and what we had both done that day. Once we reached Prospector Square we strolled into line and made it to the theatre. The first movie we watched was called Freedom Summer. It was about a program, Freedom Summer, during the of summer of the 1960's in Mississippi. I was exhausted during the movie and almost fell asleep at least twice but this movie was still amazing! By the end of the movie they had the director and some of the cast answering questions which would never happen in a normal movie theatre!!

The next movie I watched was The Better Angels. This film is a biography on Abraham Lincoln when he was around the age of eleven. I enjoyed this movie much more than Freedom Summer. Freedom Summer was a great movie but while watching the film I almost fell asleep, but The Better Angels kept my attention through the whole film. This movie had a very limited amount of dialogue. At first I found it very odd but soon I was intrigued by the idea behind this. I think the reason there was limited dialogue was, so the audience could think about certain scenes independently. This gave the movie a unique affect.
Image Courtesy of Sundance Film Festival


Over all Sundance was a great experience and I hope you can go one day. Have a great week and leave in the comments anything you would like me to write about. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment