Pages

Friday, January 10, 2014

Catching Fire

I have waited a long time for Catching Fire . It finally premiered on November 22nd. I saw it opening weekend but I decided to do a review of Disney's Frozen before I reviewed this movie. Anyway, this movie was amazing, spectacular, fantastic, etc. This film definitely deserves a rating of one out of ten.

This is one of the first movies I've seen when I read the book before seeing the movie. It was a different experience, watching the movie and thinking, "that's exactly how I envisioned that scene." This film followed the book very well. From the actors portraying the characters, to the scenery in the movie, everything was spot on.

The movie's casting was phenomenal. They chose the perfect people for each part. The actors brought the characters to life; even the minor characters were portrayed very well. This really added to the movie since the acting was superb. Jennifer Lawrence's portrayal of Katniss was completely believable as if she were my neighbor. Since I am learning to act, watching people act so well on screen is a pleasure.

The movie had a great, suspenseful conclusion. It ended with Katniss discovering that the capitol obliterated district twelve, her home. Sorry if I spoiled the ending for anyone. In the ending at first after hearing this news Katniss looks very depressed. But, within seconds her face changes from depressed to extremely angry and rebellious. This gave nice foreshadowing to what the third movie may be about and how she will react to this tragedy. By looking very angry, she gives me the idea that she is going to react violently towards the capital and may try to seek revenge on the capital. The character may start a rebellion because she has the full support of the districts. This gives me hope that the people who live in these districts may have their freedom returned.

The movie was unbelievable!! If you enjoyed the first one you should definitely watch this movie!!! It was great and will give you a thrill!!!
Image Courtesy of sandiego free press
 


No comments:

Post a Comment