Pages

Friday, December 19, 2014

The Maze Runner

Image courtesy of IMDb
As I was starting to write this post a clever title did not pop into my mind. So, I apologize for the bland header because I know it doesn't do the movie justice. Also, before I begin I'm sorry this post is a week late but at least I'm writing it now, right?

Finally I am writing a review on the movie I have been dying to see since I started the book in early May of this year... The Maze Runner. I actually did see the film the weekend it premiered, and multiple times since, so you could say I've been procrastinating... but that's just who I am, no judgment please. Anyway after watching the movie 5 or 6 times I have decided it deserves a rating of 1.5 out of 10 because of several reasons.

The movie was almost perfect except for the fact that they skipped one major event that occurred in the novel (warning read no further if you don't want a spoiler). In the book there are several attacks by the grievers once the gates stopped closing to the maze. For several weeks the grievers took one glader every evening. I felt like this was a very important moment in the novel that needed to be included in the film. But, I also understand why they did not incorporate this event in the movie because they may have wanted to use less time on that particular incident.

Another reason I really enjoyed this movie is pretty obvious, two words, DYLAN O'BRIEN.
Look at him, just look
Image courtesy of Dylan's Twitter

I personally thought that he made the movie great not only because he played the main character; he's also an amazing actor that deserves to have a very successful career. I first discovered Dylan on Teen Wolf where he plays a quirky teenage friend of a werewolf named Stiles. Anyway enough on Dylan O'Brien if you want to check him out you can at this link.

Anyway, I loved the character development in this movie. It was quite enjoyable how they revealed more in depth information about the characters as the film advanced. I also really enjoy the overall idea of the movie and book. It's quite fascinating how basic survival skills still entered the boy's minds even after their memories were wiped. It makes you wonder if that would really happen in real life, hmmm??

I hope you guys enjoyed this review, and I will post one more times before Christmas. Have a nice weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment