Pages

Friday, November 8, 2013

Fantastic, Amazing, and "Epic"!

Since I was little, I have always been a fan of animated movies, and I still am today. I don't know what it is about these type of movies that I enjoy so much. It may be the innocence, or it may remind me of my childhood.

This past weekend I watched an animated movie called Epic. The title fits the movie because this movie was epic! My sister tried to convince me to watch this movie for about 4 months. Every time she has asked I have said no because of the trailer. The trailer does not do this movie justice. The trailer makes the movie seem like every other animated film, but this movie had a great plot, great characters, and a great ending. All the ingredients for an epic movie.

Let's start by talking about the plot of this movie. It was fantastic, awesome, and epic even though it was similar to the average cartoon movie. The beginning of the movie gave some clues about the main characters. The middle has more character development. But, the ending was different from the average cartoon movie. There was a boy and a girl in the movie and obviously they had feelings toward each other. But, they didn't end up together. I personally enjoyed this part of the movie. It made the film more realistic.

The one thing missing from the movie was one character's development. Most of the movies I review seem to be missing at least one character's development. The main characters were very well developed, but the movie did not show enough of the villain. With most animated movies they spend more time developing the villain. By the time you finish watching an animated movie the villain should be cemented into your brain. How about Tangled for example? When I had finished watching Tangled I could not forget the name of the villain, Mother Gothel.  Epic did not have this affect on me; sadly, I have already forgotten the name of the villain. So, the one thing that could have been improved is the character development of the villain. Other than that, the movie had great character development.

Even though the movie was missing this one element, I still recommend you see this movie, especially if you are a fan of animated movies that are different. Go watch it soon and I assure you will have an epic time!
Image courtesy of imp awards

No comments:

Post a Comment